Ingredients for 2 people -
|Whole Red lentils stew|
- Whole red lentils - 2 Handful
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Onion ( big)- 1/4 (chopped)
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves
- Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Green Chilli - 1(chopped)
|Frying chopped garlic,onion, tomato|
- Soak red lentils for 2 hours.
- Boil it covered for 15-20 minutes with salt and turmeric powder, if possible do it in pressure cooker.
- In another Pan, heat the empty pan with 1 spoon of Olive Oil and reduce the flame.
- Add chopped Garlic, onion and tomato and fry it for 5-7 minutes, until tomato turns soft in look.
- Add the boiled red lentils in the pan, increase the flame and boil it.
- Cover the lid and boil it for 15-20 minutes on high flame.
- Garnish it with chopped cilantro.
- Serve it hot, enjoy it with rice, tortilla/roti.