Stuffed Bitter Melon ( Kerala Bharwan)
- Karela ( Bitter Melon)- 4 count
- Onion ( for filling) - 1/2 chopped
- Onion ( for gravy) - 1/4
- Garlic ( for gravy) - 2 cloves chopped
- Tomatos ( for filling) - 1 chopped
- Tomatos ( for gravy) - 1
- Turmeric Powder - 2tsp
- Red chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Dhania Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- salt to taste
- Oil - 1 Bowl
- Chat Powder - 1tsp
- Take the Karela seeds out.
- Boil the Karela in a pan for 20-25 minutes.
- Take the Karela out of the pan.
- Let it cool down for sometime.
- Take Oil in a dry pan.
- Add in a heated Oil, chopped Garlic, Onions, Tomatoes and Karela seeds.
- Keep on stirring.
- After stirring for 5 minutes, add salt, turmeric powder(1tsp), red chilli powder(1 tsp), Dhania Powder (1tsp), Cumin Powder( 1 tsp0 and chat masala.
- Cover the lid and get it cooked for 15 minutes.
|Fried Stuffed Karela|
- Fill the Karela with this mixture.
- Try to close these Karela, pushing by your palm.
- Now, add Oil in an another pan and then, fry these Kerala individually.
Directions for Gravy -
- Take the rest of onion, tomatoes and cumin seeds and grind them together.
- Take the empty pan and add oil .
- Add the content of mixer jar in a heated Oil.
- Keep on frying it, until it turns brown.
- Now, add water in the pan and make the mixture liquid.
- Let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, put the fired Karela in a serving dish.
- Add this boiling content from the above of the Karela in a serving dish.
- Sprinkle, some chopped cilantro.
- Your Curry is ready.
- Enjoy it with rice.
|Ready Karela Bharwa|