Red kidney beans curry w/rice (Rajma-Chwal)
Rajma Chawal (Red bean curry with rice). There is a saying, if you want to win someone's heart feed them good food. If food looks good, it has to be tasty. Some of my family members do not eat Rajma, but believe they can't say no to this yummy curry. I feel so satisfied and happy when all food from the serving plate is gone. It gives me immense satisfaction, that my family loves what I cook.
This is a very yummy and simplest recipe. And to make it much more easier I made it in the Instant pot. It is an electric cooker which doesn't need to be baby sit for whistles.
Ingredients for 4 people -
- Red Kidney Beans - 4 handful
- Onion - 1/2 ( diced)
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Tomato Paste - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chana masala - 1 tbsp
- Red chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cream - 2 tbsp
|Over night Soaked red beans|
- Make a paste of garlic, onion and ginger paste .
- In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds let it crackle and add onion paste.
- Fry on high flame for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste with 1/2 cup of water and keep on frying, till the color of paste turns brown.
- Add all spices with a cup of water and keep on stirring on high flame.
- Add beans to the pot and keep stirring until water starts evaporating and masala looks turns brown in color..
- Add a glass of water and close the lid and let it cook for 12-15 minutes on medium flame.
- After beans have become soft, add cream mix and let it cook covered on high flame for another 5 minutes.
- Add water as needed.
- Garnish it with chopped cilantro and tomatoes.
- Serve it hot with Jeera rice.
Stay Safe Stay healthy