From our childhood, we keep listening that spinach is good for health and one should take a regular intake of Spinach. Have you ever thought of health benefits, we get from Spinach. I am just listing down few of them, have a look -
- Spinach is considered to have 13 different flavonoids which helps in fighting cancer cells.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It reduces Cardio-Vascular disease.
- It also lowers high blood pressure.
- Prevents diabetes, anemia and osteoporosis.
- Spinach is beneficial for weight reduction.
- Good for eyesight.
- It promotes the healthy pregnancy.
- Also slows down the aging process.
Spinach Fried Rice is a complete meal in itself. Loved by everyone in family. It can also be made as a party rice. One of the healthy meal.
- Spinach- 1 Big bowl (chopped)
- Onion - 1 large (chopped)
- Garlic paste - 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Basmati Rice- 2 big cups
- Star Anise ( सौंफ के फूल ) - 2
- Cooking Oil- 1tbsp
- Cumin Seeds (जीरा)- 1 tsp
- Wash the rice and drain all water and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and when it turns dark color, add star anise and chopped onions and fry, till it turns light brown in color.
- Now, add chopped spinach and mix thoroughly.
- Add rice, garlic paste, salt and red chilli powder, and mix it well.
- Add 3 big cups of water, cover the pot and shimmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Rice will be done by this time, if it's not done, let it again get cooked for another 5 minutes, covered.
- Enjoy it hot.
- It's a complete meal, so can also be enjoyed with an yogurt.