KalaKand ( Dessert made from Milk)
- Milk - 2 Cups + 2 Cups
- Lemon Juice or Vinegar - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 5-6 tsp
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Almonds - 5-6 Crushed ( to garnish)
- Boil the milk, add lemon juice while boiling, keep on stirring, u can see fat and water separated.
- Drain the Water and put fat in a drainer so that access water is also drained out.
- Boil the milk in a separate wide pan, when boiled add the above fat in this milk.
- Keep on stirring, so that no lumps are left of fat.
- In another 10-15 minutes, the water content of the milk will start evaporating.
- In some time, all water content will evaporate leaving behind only fat.
- Keep on stirring for another 5 minutes, as it will stick to the pan once u will stop stirring.
- Close the flame, Add sugar to the content, mix it, transfer this content to the small dish with 1' deep.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder.
- Press it with spatula, garnish it with almonds and pistachios.
- Put it in a refrigerator after 30 minutes, for 2-4 hours.
- Cut it in squares. Serve it cold.