1. Tamarind - 4 sq. inch
2. Jaggery- 4 big blocks
3. Salt- 1/2 tsp
4. Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
5. Turmeric - 1 tsp
6. Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
7. Water - 3 glasses
8. Oil- 2 tsp
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of water for 2 hours.
- Remove all the seeds and separate tamarind pulp from the seeds.
- Put oil in a dry pan, add cumin seeds to the heated oil.
- Add tamarind pulp with thrice amount of water. Stir it, let it get cooked on high flame.
- When a mixture starts boiling, add all jaggery pieces in the mixture. Keep on stirring, as this mixture has a tendency of sticking in the pan.
- Reduce the flame to medium and keep on stirring, until you see the content started becoming sticky. Remove the pan from the flame and let it cool down.
- Transfer the content to the serving bowl. You can have this tamarind chutney with any chat, even a spoon on Choley will taste delicious.