Peas- mushroom Stew ( mutter- mushroom Currry)
Ingredients for 4 people -
1. Mutter ( Green Peas) - 1 Cup
2. Mushroom - 1-1/2 Cup ( Cut into small pieces)
3. Onions- 1/2 (Big) or 1 (Small)
4. Garlic ( Lehsoon) - 3-4 Cloves
5. Ginger ( Adrak) - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Milk- 1 Cup Lukewarm
7. Salt to taste
8. Chilli Powder - 1/2 Tea Spoon
9. Dhania ( Coriander) Powder -1 Teaspoon
10.Jeera (Cumin) Powder- 1/2 Teaspoon
11. Laung (Cloves) - 3-4 Pieces
12. Kali Mirch (Black Pepper)- 2 Pieces
13. Tomatoes sliced- 1 Cup14. Oil- 2 Spoon
First put the empty dry Pan on the stove and let it get heated for sometime, then add mushroom and fry
(without Oil). The Mushroom will start leaving water, and in some time all the water will be dried up. Make it a point, the mushrooms are completely dried up, otherwise mushrooms won't come up good. Transfer all the mushroom in a plate.
Grind together, Onions, tomatoes, Cloves, Garlic, Ginger and Black pepper. Put, about 2 teaspoon of oil in a Pan and when oil is heated add this grind ed mixture in a pan. Keep on stirring for 5 minutes. Then, add satl, cumin powder and coriander powder in a mixture and keep stirring. In another few minutes, the mixture will start getting dried up. Add 1 Cup of water, peas and mushroom and mix it well. And now add a Cup of milk. Cover it and get it cooked for another 20 minutes. Now, uncover pan and add 1/2 Cup of Lukewarm milk and mix it properly. Remove pan from heat.
Here your mutter mushroom is ready. Before serving the course, check the gravy, it shouldn't be thick and must be in a liquid form. This curry tastes good with the Lachha parantha.
NOTE- This is a white gravy curry, to make a gravy much more richer you can also add paste of 8-10 pieces of almonds.