Dahi Aloo Curry(Yogurt-Potato Stew)
Ingredients for 2 people-
- Yogurt - 1 cup (beated)
- Potato (aloo)- 1 ( big, boiled and diced)
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves (minced)
- Onion- 1/2 (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cooking Oil - 1tsp
- In a heated Pan, add oil, heat it and add minced garlic, fry it for 30 seconds and add chopped onion and fry it, till it turns light brown in color.
- Add boiled Potato, on high flame, keep frying for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and cumin powder, and on medium flame, stir the whole mixture and cover the lid.
- Let it get cooked for another 10 minutes, on medium flame.
- Increase the flame and add yogurt/Dahi to the stew.
- Mix it on high flame, with in 5 minutes, all the liquid of Yogurt will evaporate and only solids are left over.
- Close the flame and let the stew settle down for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the stew in a serving bowl.
- Garnish it with finely chopped Cilantro.