Dahi Wada (Fried Black Gram Balls Dipped in Yogurt)
Ingredients for 4-6 Dahi -wada-
- Urad Dal (Split Black Gram) - 1 Big Cup
- Salt to taste
- Green Pepper- 1 (minced)
- Yogurt ( 1cup)
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp (to sprinkle)
- Red Chilli Powder- 1tsp (to sprinkle)
- Oil- 1 cup (for frying)
- Soal Urad Dal for 30 minutes in hot water.
- Drain the water and again clean it with cold water for 2-3 times, and drain all water.
- Blend it in a blender with 1/2 cup of water.
- Keep it aside in a closed container in a warm temperature for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, add salt according to your taste and green Pepper, mix it.
- Heat Oil in a frying Pan, drop the 1tbsp of batter in a oil and at a medium temperature, fry it on either side till it turns brown in color.
- Take it out from Oil, and dip it warm water for 15 minutes.
- Take it out from water and press it big spoons, to take out the excess water from the balls.
- In another bowl, beat the yogurt with 1/4 cup of water, add salt, dip all fried balls and keep it aside for an hour.
- Serve it cold or at room temperature. Before serving, sprinkle some Black Pepper Powder. And if you want you can also add Some tamarind Chutney.
- Here is the recipe for Tamarind Chutney.