Makhmali Paneer

I love this preparation of Paneer, as it has creamy, spicy and sweet taste at the sametime. Although I make this dish more frequently, but forgot to add it here for you guys. It's delicious and goes very well with any type of Parantha's and Nan. We enjoyed it with Laccha Parantha. Credit for my this post goes to my dear friend Priti. 

If you follow my recipes, then you must have notice I add turmeric in almost all my dishes. It's antibiotic and very good immunity booster. Do you know, in old days in India (when medicines were not available easily), Turmeric paste was applied in cuts and burns. I am talking about days when my Grandmom was young. I still remember, when we use to visit her in summer break, she use to show us how to make and prepare spices at home. She learnt from her mom and then thought my mom and then t us. It is pure and so flavorful. And now, I try to follow the same and will try to keep the tradition and will transfer all this info to my kiddo. Turmeric milk is also considered very healthy and helps in chronic cough.



This is on of the most easiest and quickest recipe which is loved by my whole family. I believe in spending extra 5 minutes in doing the preparation. It makes cooking much more easier and faster.



Ingredients you need - 

  1. Onion - 1 cup (diced)
  2. Green Bell pepper - 1 (cut in julienne style)
  3. Garlic coves -3 big cloves
  4. Salt to taste
  5. Tomato paste - 4 tbsp
  6. Paneer - 2 bowls (cut in lengthwise)
  7. Tureric powder - 1tsp
  8. Coriander powder -  1tbsp
  9. Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp or as per taste
  10. Cream - 2 tbsp
  11. Ghee/ unsalted melted butter - 1tbsp

Directions to follow -

  • Dice Onions in cubes, Bell peppers in julienne and minced Garlic cloves.


  • Saute onions till it's raw smell goes away. Add Bell peppers and saute on high flame.



  • Add all spices with tomato paste and keep mixing. Now, lower the flame to medium.




  • Add paneer (tofu) and 1 cup of water.  


  • Now, it's time to add some cream. You can add 2tbsp of cashew paste as well, if you are looking for more creamier taste. And if you want to add nutty and roasty flavor , then you can 2 tbsp of paste of soaked and grinded roasted peanuts. I wanted to make it less creamier , so I only added 2 tbsp of cream.


  • Add another cup of water and let it cook on high flame for another 5 minutes. Add 1tbsp of Ghee, mix and serve.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers