A Girl's favorite place to go after marriage is her "Mayka" (parents house)..... Since, staying so far away from mom's place, sometimes is very painful, as I cannot fly and reach her place whenever I want to....
This summer situation was very similar... Wanted to visit my family back in India, but was not possible for me to go.... And then, had a conversation with my sis-in-law (Bhabhi), she wanted us to visit her... So, made the plans of visiting them...
Kids had a wonderful time... playing with Cousins is always a fun... When we were young, we use to meet our cousins, once in a year... And for this 1 month, we use to wait for full whole year.... I want my LO, also to have fun filled summer, love her cousins, wait for next summer to meet them... the same way we use to have fun....
We, Adults also had a wonderful time... talking, cooking, enjoying food, watching kids, outing, everything was just perfect... One of the best ever relaxed holidays I had, after my marriage....
So, between everything, we wanted to cook meals for each other... One of those meals, which my Sis-in-law (Bhabhi) made for me was Tofu-Veggies stir fry... too delicious, too healthy and goes perfectly with my taste bud...
Here, is a step-by-step recipe for you to try -
- Tofu - 1 Packet (extra firm)
- Salt to taste
- Zucchini - 1 (diced)
- Onion - 1/2 (diced)
- Bell peppers (red, Yellow, green) - 1/2 (diced)
- Cabbage - 1/4 ( diced)
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Garlic cloves - 3 (minced)
- Cornflour - 1tsp
- Sugar - 1tsp
- Red Chilli flakes - 1 tsp
- Dark Soya Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil - 1tbsp
- Dice Tofu in 1 inch size. Roast them.
- Heat oil, add Onion, cabbage, bell peppers and cabbage, and stir fry.
|Veggies added in pan to fry|
- Veggies should be crunchy.
- Mix minced garlic and ginger with 1/2 cup of water, with chilli flakes, cornflour, soya sauce and sugar. Mix this mixture with veggies and saute.
|Ginger, Garlic, Soya, Salt, cornflour and Sugar mixture, mixed with Vinegar|
- Mix fried Tofu in them...
- Add diced Spring onions from the top just before serving (optional).
- Serve it hot with Rice or Noodles.