Chocolate Chip Ice cream Bowl Cookies
Whenever, we are in any grocery store, my little one wants me to get some snacks for her. Whether she finishes at home or not, or I need to throw it away, is a secondary thing... But, at that moment when she is in store, she wants to get it.... And talking her out of it, is just out of question, or I should say waste of energy, as she gets completely struck in one particular snack.
It must have happened with other parents as well, and every parent has a different way of handling the situation... I believe every parent do best for their kids.... I usually say yes for my little ones demand, but it cannot happen every time.... Especially when the stuffs she is asking for, is going to get spoiled, without consuming.... so, I have founded some other ways, to distract her... One of them, is promising her and making the same stuff at home, or something similar to that... Last weekend, we were running out of some grocery, which was required for baking.... And then, we accidentally went into aisle which had cookies and ice cream cones... getting the Cookies and Ice cream cones are easier, but then these Kids do not finish them, and it get spoiled fast, due to the moisture... I hate to waste the food.
So, here is the conversation which happened between we two-
" Mamma, I want these",- my daughter.
" No dear, we do not need them",- me.
" But, Mamma we do not have these cones at home," - my daughter.
" No Sweetie, we always get them, and we have to through them away, as you do not finish them and they get spoiled", - me.
So, I decided instead of getting Ice cream cones and Cookies from the store, I will make some for the Kids. These Bowls became their favorite, and was so filling, became a complete treat for them.
Here, I am presenting you Chocolate Chips Ice cream Bowls -
- All Purpose Flour - 2 3/4cups
- Baking Soda - 1/2tsp
- Salt - 1tsp
- Chocolate Chips - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 1 cup (at room temperature)
- Granulated Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Egg - 1
- Vanilla Extract - 1tsp
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix All purpose flour with Baking soda and Salt.
- By a hand blender, mix butter wit a granulated sugar and Vanilla extract.
|Sugar, Butter and Vanilla extract|
- Now, add an egg in this mixture and beat by a hand blender, till it becomes fluffy.
|Egg added in the butter mixture|
|Well beaten mixture of egg, butter, sugar and Vanilla|
- Now, with a spatula, mix butter mixture with a flour mixture, gently.
|Flour added to the Butter mixture|
- Add Chocolate Chips to the batter.
|Choco Chips added to the dough|
- Grease you hand with little butter, and make a ball of size of walnut.
- Spray, back of your muffin pan with a cooking oil.
- Press the ball, on the back of pan completely covering, as shown in the picture.
|Batter molded in the back of muffin pan|
- Put the Muffin Pan, in the Oven for 15 minutes to bake, Bake till it's light brown in color.
|Cookie Bowls done|
- After taking it out from the Oven, let it cool down for 5-10 minutes.
- Take it out and then let it cool completely on a cooling rack.
|Completely firm Cookie Bowls|
- Serve Ice Cream in these Bowls...
|Ready to be served|
- It looks delicious, it tastes delicious.... 2 treats in 1.....