Potato mixture for filling with no onion and garlic
Navratri is one of the most important festival in India. I discussed about this festival in one of my post " Navratri Puja". It is celebrated differently in every part of India. Many worshipers believe in fasting for the all 9 days, and do not eat anything other than fruits and dairy products. But some worshipers like me, they eat one time food without onion and garlic, and in the rest of the time they eat fruits and dairy products. Now, my this recipe is for those people who restrain themselves from eating onions and garlic's for these 9 days of Navratri.
" HAPPY NAVRATRI TO EVERYONE"
- Cabbage - 1 cup (chopped)
- Potato - 2 (big boiled)
- Green Chilli - 1 (sliced)
- Rock Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Boil chopped cabbage in a pan for 5 minutes. Let it cool for few minutes, and remove the water by strainer.
- In a pan, add ghee and when hot add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Now, add the boiled cabbage and fry on medium flame for a while till it turns light golden color.
- Add mashed potato, with salt and turmeric powder and mix properly.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and stir on high flame.
- All the water will be absorbed, leaving behind the potato mixture ready to be used in the Aloo Parantha, Potato Sandwich, Masala Dosa.
- If you are making this mixture for filling in Parantha then do not add water just mix the ingredients on high flame and it will be ready.