Cheese Sandwich Bread Pakoda for Kids

Everyone has emergency in their lives. My emergency is mostly because of my Little one. This one I mean this sandwich, was developed in emergency. And I am glad my little one liked it. It is something different, and it tastes different too. This is yesterday morning's story. Hehehe, ya that's true every morning is a story at our house. So it goes like this. I got up 10 minutes late from my usual time. Thought do not have much time to cook for my little ones lunch so I can make an emergency lunch for her and that was butter and cheese sandwich. And I was all set, and woke her up. When she was only 15 minutes left to leave for bus and she asked me whats for lunch today. And I told her "Hey it's your favorite today." And when she got to know it's a butter and cheese sandwich, and she bluntly said,"No Mamma I don't want to take this today for lunch. Give me something else". 

Now, trying convincing her was a wastage of time, so the first thing I did was look around in the Kitchen. And then I saw Besan (gram flour) sitting on the shelf. Actually I was planning to make khadi in the lunch, so last night I took it out and kept in on the Kitchen Shelf. I immediately made the batter, switched on the stove with a pan and very little oil. By the time, it was heated my batter was ready, and I dipped the sandwich in besan batter and fried them. And, here you go my "Cheese Sandwich Bread Pakoda" was ready in less than 10 minutes. And we were ready to go.


Though it was made in an emergency, but it does taste too yummy. I did made it for myself second time and yes it is definitely something which I will recommend everyone to give it a try once for your child.

The recipe goes like this - 

Ingredients for 1 Cheese Sandwich Bread Pakoda - 
  1. Bread - 2 slice
  2. Cheese Slice - 1
  3. Butter to spread
  4. Besan (Gram flour) - 1 tbsp
  5. Suzi (semolina) - 1tsp
  6. Salt to taste
  7. Turmeric Powder- 1tsp
  8. Cumin Powder - 1tsp
  9. Cilantro dry leaves - 1tsp
  10. Oil - 1cup
Directions - 
  • Spread butter on one slice of bread. Add a slice of cheese and cover it with another slice of bread.
  • In a pan heat 1cup of oil.
  • Mean while, in a different bowl, add besan, suzi with salt, cumin powder and turmeric powder, mix properly with little amount of water, to make a smooth batter, no lumps and pouring consistency.
  • Dip the bread and fry on medium flame till the pakoda are light brown in color on either sides.
  • Take it out, let them cool down for 2 minutes( i didn't as I was running out of time) cut in triangular shape and serve or pack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers