Fasting in Navratri doesn't mean, that we need to eat tasteless and bland food. Some people eat rock salt in their food and do fasting for all 9 days of the festival. Here, is 1 of the delicious Recipe for Worshipers.
- Potato - 4 (big)
- Salt or Rock Salt to taste
- Paneer (grated)- 1/2 cup
- Cashews (roasted ) - 1/4 cup
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1tsp
- Aamchur powder - 1tsp
- Cilantro leaves - 15-16 leaves (Optional)
- Boil Potato and mash.
- Add salt, Red Chilli Powder and Cumin Powder in the mashed Potato.
|Mashed Potato Mixture|
- In an another bowl, mix grated Paneer with roasted Cashews and Cilantro Leaves.
- Add salt, red chilli Paneer with Aamchur Powder.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Divide the whole mixture in equal 10 parts.
- Roll it in a bowl.
- Press it in center by a thumb.
- Fill it with a Paneer mixture.
|Ready Potato Balls with Paneer filling|
- Cover it again so that it turns into a ball.
- Deep fry it, till it turns golden brown in color.
- Serve it hot with any Chutney or Sauce.
|Ready Aloo Tikki|