Vrat Wale Aloo Tikki (Potato Cutlet for Fasting)
Fasting in Navratri doesn't mean, that we need to eat tasteless and bland food. Some people eat rock salt in their food and do fasting for all 9 days of the festival. Here, is 1 of the delicious Recipe for Worshipers.
- Potato - 4 (big)
- Salt or Rock Salt to taste
- Paneer (grated)- 1/2 cup
- Cashews (roasted ) - 1/4 cup
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1tsp
- Aamchur powder - 1tsp
- Cilantro leaves - 15-16 leaves (Optional)
- Boil Potato and mash.
- Add salt, Red Chilli Powder and Cumin Powder in the mashed Potato.
|Mashed Potato Mixture|
- In an another bowl, mix grated Paneer with roasted Cashews and Cilantro Leaves.
- Add salt, red chilli Paneer with Aamchur Powder.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Divide the whole mixture in equal 10 parts.
- Roll it in a bowl.
- Press it in center by a thumb.
- Fill it with a Paneer mixture.
|Ready Potato Balls with Paneer filling|
- Cover it again so that it turns into a ball.
- Deep fry it, till it turns golden brown in color.
- Serve it hot with any Chutney or Sauce.
|Ready Aloo Tikki|