Lemon Egg Rice
Was not feeling well, but wanted to eat something different and delicious from our regular meal.... Asked hubby, what he wants to eat, he wanted to eat something from rice preparation....So, thought of making Lemon Rice, but thought of giving it a twist.... So, presenting you a delicious sour preparation of Rice with eggs. Can be enjoyed alone or with Raita.
Ingredients for 2 people-
Preparation time- 5 minutes
Cooking time- 20 minutes
- Egg - 4 (Raw)
- Rice- 6 handful (washed and soaked for 5 minutes)
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric (Haldi) powder- 1tsp
- Red Chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
- Mustard (sarson) seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- 8-10 leaves
- Urad dal- 2 tbsp ( washed and water drained)
- Lemon juice of 2 complete Lemons
- In an open pan, boil eggs for 10 minutes.
- In another pan (or an utensil in which you can drain water from rice), Boil the water, add rice and let it get cooked until it's completely done. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- When eggs are done, put inside the running cold water for 5 minutes.
- Now, peel the eggs. Insert a fork on knife at 1 or 2 places in each egg, and keep the eggs aside.
- In an frying pan, add 1 tbsp of oil, heat it, add eggs and fry, turning in all directions so that, allover it turns light brown in color.
- After eggs are done, add remaining oil to the pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and Urad dal. Fry until the mustard seeds crackle and urad dal turns golden brown in color.
- Add salt with turmeric powder and mix and fry for a minute on medium flame.
- Add lemon juice and 2 tbsp of water to the mix.
- Add cooked rice, on medium flame and stir it well.
- Add fried eggs randomly.
- Serve it hot.