Quinoa- A grain which is high in protein, rich in essential amino acids and has a low gluten content... This grain is rich in Vitamins and Minerals too.. Happy to include it in my daily meal... A very thanx to my dear friend Swati Gupta, who introduced me to this nutritional grain... It have taste of it's own. But, adapts the flavor it is cooked in...
So, presenting you today a delicious and complete meal of Quinoa Pulao..
Ingredients you need to cook for 3 people -
- Quinoa - 1 cup
- Peanuts - 1 handful
- Garlic - 4 cloves (finely chopped- loved the flavor of Garlic, if you want you can reduce the amount of garlic)
- Onion - 1/2 (big - finely chopped)
- Green Chilli - 1 (chopped)
- Veggies (finely chopped) - 1cup (I took the combination of peas, beans, carrot and corn)
- Salt to taste
- Paneer (diced) - 1/2 cup (optional)
- Cooking Oil - 2 tbsp
- Light Soya Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Add quinoa to a boiling water... Ration should be 1 cup of quinoa is to 3 cups of water.
- Cook for 20 minutes approx... And drain the water..
- Keep the vessel open, for quinoa to cool down.
- In another pan,dry roast peanuts, until done.
- Transfer it another bowl, and in the same pan heat cooking oil.
- Fry garlic,green chilli and onions, till golden brown..
- Add veggies, salt and stir fry until almost done.
- Add Soya sauce and Paneer stir and add cooled Quinoa and roasted Peanuts..
- Mix it on high flame for couple of minutes.
- Serve it hot...