Salted Caramel Butter Cookies #Creative Cookie Exchange
Life sometimes, gets too busy, and you start to feel 24 hours of the day is not sufficient... That's what, was happening to me from last week... Early morning, I have whole day planned, with my work including my Kiddo's schedule too.... But somehow, by the end of the day I realized that, I haven't touched my work... My mom says, whenever this happens to you, that means you are not putting yourself in the priority list... Might be true..
Well, now I have decided to give sometime to myself, and do what I really wanted to do... So, here I am presenting you a most delicious, easy and yummy buttery cookies... which I was trying to bake for the whole week.
This recipe is adapted by Kevin and Amanda. I followed the recipe, with some minor changes... But, I absolutely loved the cookies... They are just delicious.. You can so just never stop at one...
The theme this month is Caramel - - any kind of Caramel in any kind of cookie! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links. Please be patient though, as this month Laura is off to Italy and will not be checking email quite as often!
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes--be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Basement Brownies from Sidewalk Shoes
- Camel Milk Caramel Basbousa from Food Lust People Love
- Caramel Cashew Cookies from Our Good Life
- Caramel Coconut Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Caramel Shortbread Cookie Strips from Magnolia Days
- Caramel Thumbprint Cookies from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Caramelized White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies from Baking Yummies
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Bars from The Spiced Life
- Chocolate Caramel Rocks from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Walnut Caramel Stuffed Cookies from Noshing with the Nolands
- Eggless Vanilla-Caramel Biscotti from What Smells So Good?
- Millionaire Shortbread Bars from Spiceroots
- Salted Caramel Butter Cookies from SimplyVeggies
- Salted Caramel Macarons from A Baker’s House
- Take 5 Caramel Oatmeal Cookies from 2 Cookin’ Mamas
Ingredients you will need to make these Salted Caramel Butter Cookies-
- Unsalted butter- 2/3 cup (softened)
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Egg - 2
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
- All-purpose flour - 1 1/2cup
For Caramel -
- Brown Sugar - 1/3 cup
- Unsalted butter- 1/4 cup
- Heavy Whipping Cream - 2tbsp
- Kosher salt to sprinkle
Directions to follow -
- Add all the ingredients for cookies except All purpose flour in a bowl, and beat on medium speed by electric beater for 5 minutes, or till the batter is light.
- Add All Purpose flour (1/2 cup) at a time, in the batter, and mix by spatula.
- When all All Purpose flour is incorporated, put the batter in a freezer for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven, and line the baking tray with a parchment paper.
- Take 1tbsp of batter, make a ball and place on the baking tray 1' apart.
- Make a dent in the center by wooden spatula.
- Bake in an oven for 10-12 minutes, or till the edges starts turning brown.
- You might need to make the dent again in the center of cookies. Do it now, when it's still hot.
- Cool on the cooling rack.
- While, cookies are cooling, make Caramel Sauce.
- In a pan, heat butter and brown sugar, together. Stir, till it is completely mixed and the mixture starts bubbling...
- Remove from heat, and add cream and mix, ill the cream is well incorporated.
- Let the Sauce cool.
- Now after, about 30 minutes, spoon the sauce, in the center of cookies.
- Let it set for 15 minutes, and put the cookies, in a refrigerator for 15 minutes, it will set fast.
- Now, sprinkle some salt on top of the cookies.