Today's Morning was a lazy 1. My DD was not well, day before yes'day, so thought of making something light, which is also good for her too. I thought if she wants to have something light, she can have bread, or if she wants she can also have plain rice with some salt and yogurt. I thought of making Rajma- Roti/ Tortilla for our dinner. I soaked the Beans in the morning, was thinking of boiling them. At that time, my DD return home from School and whoosh, she saw Beans soaked and her song started, " Mamma, I want Bean Taco, Mamma, I want Bean Taco,.........." I can't even explain you guys, how many times she repeated this particular sentence in 5 minutes. I seriously wonder, how our little ones learn to convince their moms. For my DD, it just takes 5 minutes. So, here you go ' A Delicious recipe of Bean Taco', my little ones favorite.
Preparation Time -
cooking Time -
- Soaked and Boiled Beans - 1 big cup
- Onion - 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Tomatoes - 1 (diced)
- Cooking Oil - 1tsp
- Oil to spray
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Chat Masala - 1 tsp
- Sour Cream - 2 tbsp
- Cheese (shredded) - 1 cup
- All Purpose flour - 2 Big Cup
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Water as required
Directions for filling -
- Fry chopped Onions in a heated pan.
- Add cooked and boiled beans in a pan. Fry for another 10 minutes.
- Add salt, Black pepper powder and some Chat Masala (to make it spicy). It will look like this.
- In a big Bowl, mix all purpose flour with salt and baking powder.
- Add water slowly, and make a tight dough out of it.
- Cover the dough with a hot damp cloth for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough in equal 6 parts.
- Make a ball and Roll them in round and small tortilla.
- Cook it on either sides on a heated pan for 2 minutes.
- Chop some Cabbage.
- Add fried beans inside the tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half.
- In the open side of tortilla, add a layer of chopped onions, then a layer of thinly sliced lettuce.
- Spray some oil on the top of tortilla on either side and cook it in oven open for 5 minutes, on either side.
- Now, add a layer of cheese covering the whole opening.
- Wrap it in wax paper, and serve it hot.