Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers


Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast... Traditional rolled Oats boiled in microwave in water, sufficient enough to soak Oats, with a dash of cold milk and 4-5 tbsp of Honey Bunches of Oats sprinkled on top... Yummmm... But, my problem is, even after knowing benefits of Oats, my hubby just avoid eating them.. So, was thinking of how to include Oats in his daily meal.. And then, this month's event of bread baking, made me thinking, and then I knew what exactly I need to do..


This idea is completely mine... So, thought of experimenting and see, how does it work.. And, I am really very-very happy to share that it was too yumm, and super-duper hit at my home... It was soft, as well as chewy at the same time...


#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com. This Month's theme is Oats, and is hosted by Rocio.... You can follow her in Kidsandchic.... Thankyou Rocio, your theme gave me this best idea of including Oats in my hubby's daily meal....
BreadBakers

While you are here, I will advise you to go and look at some other delicious Flat breads, baked by the awesome Breadbakers of our group....

Oatmeal Bread themed #BreadBakers:

Ingredients you will need to make 10 Kulcha's- 
  1. All Purpose flour - 3 cups + 1 cup( as needed)
  2. Rolled Oats - 1 cup
  3. Rapid Rise Yeast - 1 Packet
  4. Sugar - 1tbsp
  5. Salt to taste
  6. Garlic Salt to sprinkle
  7. Spring onions - 2 (diced)
  8. Garlic- 2 cloves (minced)
  9. Shredded cheese- 1/4 cup
Directions to follow - 
  • Put Oats in a bowl, with water  completely covering it... Microwave it for 2 minutes, and leave it in microwave for 5 minutes.



  • In a glass cup, warm the water.. Add sugar and yeast, mix and let it proof for 10 minutes.
  • In a big vessel, take 2 cups of All Purpose flour, 1tsp of salt, oats, and yeast mixture.




  • Mix it with wooden spatula, sprayed with Olive Oil... This mixture is going to be sticky..
  • Spray Oil above it and keep it in warm place for about an hour...


  •  This is how it looks after an hour.





  • Transfer the dough on the working floured top. Again knead the dough, and keep on adding flour as required. The dough should be pliable, but not sticky.
  • Take the walnut size of dough, and spread it by pressing it by both thumbs. (I prefer to spread the dough on parchment paper as it is easy to handle).
  • Sprinkle some Garlic Salt, minced Garlic, shredded cheese and chopped Spring Onions on top. 
  • Keep inside the preheated oven for 10 minutes.


  • Turn and again cook it for 2 minutes, on broil.
  • Enjoy it hot with any curry. I made Choley, and it was too yumm.






  • Comments

    Unknown said…
    I can see how this would be a super-duper hit at your home. It would be one at mine too.
    This looks absolutely beautiful and amazing. Very well done, I'm quite impressed!
    Unknown said…
    These look fantastic, I'm always excited to see something with melted cheese!
    Shilpi Prasad said…
    Thanku Renee, Cali and Adam M, for beautiful comments..
    Ansh said…
    Chole kulche is always a hit in any Indian home.
    Rocio RivGen said…
    A fabulous recipe. The bread is very delicious. Thanks for participe
    Julie said…
    What a beautiful recipe and a great idea to serve with curry!
    Unknown said…
    What a different and delicious bread, a must try for sure.
    I have never heard of kulcha before but it certainly looks yummy!!
    Unknown said…
    I am going to learn a lot from this group. This recipe sounds like so much fun to make.
    Karen said…
    You are brilliant! So gorgeous and sounds delicious! Another bread I will need to try!
    These look very good, hope your husband appreciated your efforts to add oats to his diet. That was a kind thought.
    Pavani said…
    Adding oats to kulcha is an interesting idea. Kulchas have turned out delicious.
    Sona said…
    This is such an innovative one.. Love the addition of oats.. Kulchas looks delicious..
    Stacy Rushton said…
    Yay! A savory flatbread with cheese and garlic, along with the oats. I would love your kulcha too, especially with curry!
    Kelster said…
    I feel like you have already told me what kulcha is. How could I have not made this yet? I really need to rectify that. Looks really delicious and easy to prepare!

    Popular posts from this blog

    Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

    Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers