Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers
Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast... Traditional rolled Oats boiled in microwave in water, sufficient enough to soak Oats, with a dash of cold milk and 4-5 tbsp of Honey Bunches of Oats sprinkled on top... Yummmm... But, my problem is, even after knowing benefits of Oats, my hubby just avoid eating them.. So, was thinking of how to include Oats in his daily meal.. And then, this month's event of bread baking, made me thinking, and then I knew what exactly I need to do..
This idea is completely mine... So, thought of experimenting and see, how does it work.. And, I am really very-very happy to share that it was too yumm, and super-duper hit at my home... It was soft, as well as chewy at the same time...
While you are here, I will advise you to go and look at some other delicious Flat breads, baked by the awesome Breadbakers of our group....
- Agave Oatmeal Sour Dough Bread from My Catholic Kitchen
- Applesauce Oatmeal Bread from Hostess at Heart
- Banana Oatmeal Loaf from Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry Currant Oatmeal Bread from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Honey-Oatmeal Muffins from A Baker's House
- Honey Oats Bread Loaf from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Honey Nut Oatmeal Waffles from Magnolia Days
- Honey Wheat Oat Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Irish Oat and Whole Wheat Bread from Cali's Cuisine
- Lemon Blueberry Oat Bread from Kids & Chic
- Multigrain Twist Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Oat Breadsticks from Passion Kneaded
- Oatmeal and Whole Wheat Rolls from Sneha's Recipe
- Oatmeal Buttermilk Bread from Ruchik Randhap
- Oatmeal Porridge Sandwich Loaf from Bakers and Best
- Oatmeal Stout Loaf from Food Lust People Love
- Oat & Honey Bread from La Cocina de Aisha
- Oats and Millet Idli from Spice Roots
- Oats Bread with Maple and Walnut by Cook's Hideout
- Oats Garlic Kulcha from SimplyVeggies
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Oatmeal Scones from G'Gina's Kitchenette
- Rolled Oat Sourdough Boule from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Savory Oats Scones from Sara's Tasty Buds
- Triple Seeded Oat Bread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Whole Wheat Honey Oatmeal Bread from Spill the Spices
Ingredients you will need to make 10 Kulcha's-
- All Purpose flour - 3 cups + 1 cup( as needed)
- Rolled Oats - 1 cup
- Rapid Rise Yeast - 1 Packet
- Sugar - 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Garlic Salt to sprinkle
- Spring onions - 2 (diced)
- Garlic- 2 cloves (minced)
- Shredded cheese- 1/4 cup
Directions to follow -
- Put Oats in a bowl, with water completely covering it... Microwave it for 2 minutes, and leave it in microwave for 5 minutes.
- In a glass cup, warm the water.. Add sugar and yeast, mix and let it proof for 10 minutes.
- In a big vessel, take 2 cups of All Purpose flour, 1tsp of salt, oats, and yeast mixture.
- Mix it with wooden spatula, sprayed with Olive Oil... This mixture is going to be sticky..
- Spray Oil above it and keep it in warm place for about an hour...
- This is how it looks after an hour.
- Transfer the dough on the working floured top. Again knead the dough, and keep on adding flour as required. The dough should be pliable, but not sticky.
- Take the walnut size of dough, and spread it by pressing it by both thumbs. (I prefer to spread the dough on parchment paper as it is easy to handle).
- Sprinkle some Garlic Salt, minced Garlic, shredded cheese and chopped Spring Onions on top.
- Keep inside the preheated oven for 10 minutes.