KitKat Surprise Bundt Cake [eggless]


I was visualizing my Surprise Bundt from last 2 months.... And I wanted it something to be like this...

Hiding a name or shape, was not workable in my family... Hiding M&M's could have worked, but then it will melt while baking... So, after giving a good thought, I decided to add Kitkat as a surprise, as it is one of those chocolates, which is loved by everyone in my family... Was all set to frost my Vanilla Bundt, and when it cooled down, sliced the bundt horizontally and filled the middle layer from Chocolate Ganache and Kitkat... Till now, everything  was going as planned... And, when I picked the top part of Bundt, don't know how, it went down, down and down on the floor, and was broken into 4 big pieces, and millions of small pieces... I still went ahead and picked up all the 4 big pieces, and tried to hide all the niches by Chocoltae Ganache... But, was not at all happy with all the photo I took... Though my Kiddo and her friends, loved the surprise, as well as the cake, as it was soft and moist... 

I prefer mostly to make eggless cakes, as one of my dear friend is allergic to eggs...  And from my experience, I can say, moist and delicious cakes can be made without eggs too...



So, decided to make another Suprise cake... This  time I hided the Kitkat inside the batter... I didnot wanted it to lose it's shape, so I kept the Kitkat in a freezer for 4-5 hours... It's a regular blackforest cake, with the Kitkat hidden in the center....

BundtBakers

#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. The theme for April is "Hidden Surprise" - Bundt cakes with fillings or stuffing. There was no constraint on filling and flavor choices.The only requirement was that the cake be filled/stuffed inside. Anshie from SpiceRoots was our host for this month. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com

While you are here, check out some awesome Surprise Bundt Cake's - 
Ingredients you need to make a cake - 
  1. All Purpose flour - 1 cup
  2. Wheat flour - 1/2 cup
  3. Baking soda - 1 tsp
  4. Baking powder - 1tbsp
  5. Butter - 2tbsp
  6. Cooking Oil - 1/2 cup
  7. Yogurt - 1/2 cup
  8. Cocoa Powder - 2 tbsp
  9. Banana - 1
  10. Kitkat - 10-12 single pieces [frozen]
Ingredients needed for Chocolate Ganache - 
  1. Unsweetened Chocolate - 1 cup
  2. Heavy Whipping Cream - 1 cup

Directions to follow to make a cake- 
  • Mix all the dry ingredients, except Kitkat.
  • Mix all the wet ingredients.
  • Slowly, pour dry ingredients in wet ingredients, and mix.
  • Spoon the batter in a ready Bundt pan, and when the bottom layer of pan is covered with batter, place the individual kitkat in the center.

  • Now, carefully without disturbing Kitkat's, spoon rest of the batter in the pan and make sure Kitkat is completely covered.

  • Bake for 35 minutes.
  • Remove the pan from oven, and let it cool down for about 2-3 hours.


Directions to make a Chocolate Ganache - 
  • In a medium size bowl, take 1 cup of unsweetened Chocolate, and pour hot chocolate over it.
  • Stir, until all the Chocolate is dissolved.
  • While, it's still hot pour on the Bundt, and lat it set for another 2 hours.
  • After 2 hours, just cut and serve...
  • Goes perfectly with a scoop of Vanilla Icecream....


Comments

Renee said…
Oh my goodness! I can't imagine the disappointment of dropping a cake right after it is finished. At least you were able to bake another one and join in the bundt fun.
Anonymous said…
Yum!!! I love kitkats and both versions of your cake sound delicious! I'm sorry you had such bad luck the first time.
Terri Steffes said…
What a fabulous idea! I love the idea of using hot chocolate as the liquid for the glaze. Yum.
Unknown said…
I would have died having dropped it, so sorry that happened to you. Your bundt looks so delicious anyway!! Ganache can hide lots of boo boos!
Unknown said…
This looks delicious! I love KitKat, so this is perfect :)
I would love to find a KitKat in my cake! Great idea!
Great idea with the kitkats. Sorry about the first cake. We certainly all had our challenges this month.
Patty's Cake said…
Ummm!!! KitKats!!! Great idea!!! I love it!! Both proposals look delicious!!! XO
Rebekah said…
I can certainly sympathize with your need to bake twice this month - though both of your cakes look delicious!
Anonymous said…
Great job!!! And you must to be very proud of you cause you didm´t give up ;)
Ansh said…
Great Idea to freeze the chocolate before baking. Sorry you had to bake twice..
Margaret said…
What a great, and simple, idea to add candy bars to the cake. I see lots of great flavors ahead!!
Bakingyummies said…
I'm sorry to hear about your first cake experience, what a heart break to drop it, but it's alright...happens with everyone:) Kitkat hidden in a cake is yummmmmm
Avril said…
You, my dear, are a dedicated and fabulous baker!! You picked up and started over when things got rough...not easy to do but you did it! And BOTH cakes look delish! :-)
Unknown said…
Great idea to freeze the kit kat first! I never would have thought of that.
Kelster said…
I dropped a cake intended for a friend's birthday once. I may have cried a little. Had to toss everything and start over.

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers