Mint filled Coconut Vanilla Bundt cake #BundtBakers

As a part of Bundt Bakers, now I am regularly baking Bundts... Baking Bundts, is always fun.... After my Bundt is baked, I literally keep on looking at them, and becomes most of the time impatient to turn it on cooling rack... So that I can see how my Bundt is looking...

After couple of ,Bundts, I have learned it's not good to get impatient.. It's better to wait for few more minutes, than a cracked Bundt... This month our theme, is Girl Scout Cookies.... From the starting I knew, I wanted to use Thin Mint Cookies... I was playing with the couple of ideas like Mint Bundt CheeseCake and Mint Bundt Cake( where broken pieces of cookies are folded in the cake batter)... But, then I wanted to bake something different with these cookies...

So, I came up with an idea of making tunnel in my Bundt... Once, we are in the Tunnel, it's completely dark.... So, Thin Mints being dark were actually complementing my thoughts... After making the batter ready, I realized that I cannot make the tunnel with cookies from the lowest level... I need to have some cake batter below the cookies, to hold them... Since, I was baking with these cookies for the 1st time, I did not know how these cookies are going to behave while baking... Whether they are going to melt, or going to be in the same shape, as I have dropped in the batter... Well, I must say, I was quite happy with the results.. It did not actually got the effect of tunnel, but while my Kiddo was cutting this Bundt.. Got really happy and excited.... Mission accomplished....


#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers, who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme.  Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.

We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.

If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com.

BundtBakers

While You are here, do check out some of the other types of Girl Scout Cookie Bundts...

Here, is the recipe for you to try ...

Ingredients -

  1. All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cup
  2. Salt - 1 tsp
  3. Baking Powder - 1 tbsp
  4. Baking Soda- 1/4 tsp
  5. Milk Powder - 1/2 cup
  6. Sugar - 3/4 cup 
  7. Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
  8. Honey - 2 tbsp
  9. Olive Oil - 1/2 cup
  10. Unsalted Butter (melted) - 4 oz.
  11. Thin Mints - 1 pack (broken)
  12. Coconut (finely shredded) - 1/2 cup
For frosting - 
  1. Sugar syrup of 1 thread cocsistency- 1/8 cup
  2. Coconut (shredded) - 1/4 cup
Directions -
  • Mix All Purpose Flour with Salt, Baking Powder and Baking Soda.
  • Beat sugar with olive oil and butter, until well combined.
  • Now, mix flour mixture with sugar mixture.

  • Add Coconut, Honey and Vanilla essence to the batter.
  • Mix well.
  • Add the batter spoon by spoon to the greased Bundt pan and spread all over the base of pan.
  • Make a well in the center of the batter, by pushing the batter by back of spoon on sides, and fill the broken pieces of Thin Mints.
  • Now, cover this layer by rest of batter by again spooning them.
  • Let the batter stand for 5-7 minutes.

  • Then, bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the toothpick comes clear.

  • Let the Bundt, rest on counter for 10 minutes, before transferring to the cooling rack.. 
  • While, the Bundt is baking, in another open baking pan, toss some shredded coconut, and put it in oven for 5 minutes, or until the coconut is toasted brown... Keep the check of the time, as it gets brown very fast.
  • Transfer the Bundt on the cooling rack, and add these toasted coconut on the top of Bundt...

  • Make some Sugar syrup and pour on the top of Bundt, to make the toasted Coconut stick to the Bundt.
  • Sprinkle some Broken Thin Mints from the top....  and Enjoy......



Comments

Kelster said…
Love that you used the cookies, Shilpi! This coconut bundt looks so moist and delicious.
Great job. The fact that you were brave enough to experiment by putting the cookies into the center to make a tunnel is evidence of your experience baking bundts.
Anonymous said…
Sounds amazing! What a fun idea!
Rebekah said…
Sounds delicious!! Love the little surprise inside! :D
Unknown said…
!!!

Great minds! I also made a cookie tunnel, but with a different cookie. We are mind-twins! Love your cake and glad it turned out so well!
Anonymous said…
Welcome again!!! Must to be incredible with that filling!!!
Lara said…
Love the filling on the inside, what a great idea!!
Tammy said…
The cookie filling was a darn good idea. This bundt is delicious.
Unknown said…
Looks delitious, and I love the tunnel, brilliant idea!
Rocio RivGen said…
Delicious cake with cookies , Great idea :)
Stacy Rushton said…
What a great idea to chop them up and use them in the middle, Shilpi! I love when being brave pays off!
Patty's Cake said…
Wowww!! It is perfect!! Great job!! I love the tunnel!!! Can you send me a bit? ;) It looks so delicious!!! XO
Lily Lau said…
Sounds so brilliant! Good job, Shilpi :D

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers