When we moved to Bay Area, my biggest concern was giving snacks to my Kiddo, as she was spending much longer time in School. Earlier, when we were in Anaheim, her School timing was less, and she was home by 2:30 in afternoon, so I never have to really bother about Snacks.. That time, only concern was her lunch time in School.
Though there was many things available in store. And I use to get those Snacks, for her.... But, then slowly, I realized I can only control her sugar and oil intake by making Snacks at home...So, I made my habit of baking or cooking snacks, every Saturday or Sunday, which will last atleast 1 week as her Snack... Sometimes, When I am having more time, I cook 1 Sweet and 1 Salty snack... Some of the Snacks, which I often are Soft Sugar Cookies, Nimki (Salty Biscuits), Baked Thekua, Cake pops and Chocolate Chip Cookies (you can click on the names o snack to check out the recipe). These are one of those Snacks, which never comes back from School ( Happy me).
This recipe, I got it from All Recipes website... But, I did some changes to suit my Kiddo's taste.. It's a very simple, and my go to recipe... Takes, only 5-7 minutes for preparation, and baking time is about 15-18 minutes. And, we are done.
Being a part of Creative group, " Creative cookie Exchange", gave me a lot of opportunity to learn different varieties of Cookies. This month's theme is Make Someone's Day Cookies! we chose some one in our lives that we loved and baked them cookies that they love! maybe you will feel inspired to bake someone that you love a cookie! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com, and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes-- be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and out monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
Here, is the recipe for you people to try..
Ingredients for 10-12 cookies -
- Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup
- White Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Egg - 1
- Vanilla Extract - 1tsp
- All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Cocoa Powder - 1/4 cup
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Hot Water - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1tsp
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips - 1 cup
- Mix Butter with sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add Egg, and beat until mixed.
- Add Vanilla and stir.
- Mix Baking Soda in a hot water, and add it to the Butter-Sugar mixture.
- Add All Purpose flour and Cocoa powder, to the above mixture and stir.
- Add Chocolate Chips, to the above dough.
- Cover it with a cloth and keep it in warm temperature for 10 minutes.
- Now, Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- With Icecream Scooper, Scoop the dough in a baking tray, maintaining a distance of 1 or 1 1/2 inch.
- Bake the Cookie, for 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer the cookie, to a cooling rack after a couple of minutes.