Nariyal (Coconut) Pedey
Diwali or Deepawali, also termed as feastival of lights.... It is one of the most important festival celebrated in India....It's a four day festival, and each day, we offer some sweets to God while worshipping them...
Diwali is approaching, and the process of making variety of Sweets at every household has started... Every year, I make atleast 3-4 sweet dishes, among which 1 is the easiest recipe and takes a maximum of 15-20 minutes, and there is,1 difficult recipe... Nariyal pedey, is loved by everyone.... And one of the easiest sweets to make at home...
- Coconut (Nariyal) - 1 1/2 cup (frozen or dry) (I used dry coconut powder)
- Cardamom (elaichi) powder - 1 pinch
- Condensed Milk - 1/2cup
- Full Cream Milk - 1/2 cup
- Dry Coconut - 2-3 tbsp (to sprinkle)
- Pista/Almond to garnish
- In a heated Pan, add Coconut, Condensed milk and Full Cream Milk together.
- Stir and let it come to boil.
- Reduce the flame, and keep stirring continuously.
- Add Elaichi powder.
- In about 5 Minutes, the mix will start leaving pan.
- Keep on stirring, and it will turn into a dough.
- Divide in equal parts.
- Roll into a shape of Peda, and make a dent in center..
- Press an Almond or Pista in center...
- And keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool....
- And Serve...