Los Angeles- A big city. Lots of place to be seen. If a person goes every weekend to roam, then also it will take him/her about half of an year to see every place in L.A. and in it's neighboring counties. We stayed there for about 3 years, but still haven't seen all beautiful cities of the city. Each and every trips were good, and memorable trips with friends and families. Lots and lots of beautiful memories to cherish.
Well, in one of these trips, we went with a friend and her mom. We prefer to take food of 1 time with us, so that we do not have to make kids eat outside in restaurant all the time. So, this Auntie of ours, made this delicious Shahi Chawal. It was too yummy. Normally, it has to be eaten hot, but since we were on trip we ate it cold and still it was too tasty to be forgotten after a trip. Well, I made this lot of times at home, but this twist with Mango is my new discovery. The taste of juicy sweet Mango, blends well with the taste of Ghee and Milk. This recipe is a must try for sweet tooth.
Ingredients for 4 people -
- Mango - 1 (diced)
- Dry Fruits (Cashew, Almonds and Raisins) - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Condensed Milk - 3 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder - 1tsp
- Rice - 2 handful
- Boil rice and drain the water, left it open to let it cool down.
- In a pan, add ghee, when melted at medium temperature, add dry fruits and fry till it turns light brown in color.
- Remove it from pan.
- Move the pan from heat, and let pan cool for few minutes.
- Add Condensed Milk in a pan and stir, till all the condensed milk melts.
- Now, put the pan on heat on high flame, and add cooked rice in this mixture.
- Stir on high flame for 5 minutes, till all the moisture is evaporated.
- Add in cardamom powder, dry fruits, mango diced ( keep few pieces of mango aside for garnishing).
- Mix completely, smashing mango pieces little.
- Serve it hot.
- Perfect dessert, goes with every course.