Peas Curry ( Mutter ka Jhor)


There are few foods, which we have eaten very regularly while growing up. 1 of those food is Peas curry, also known as " Mutter ka Jhor" in local language. I always tried making it, but never got that taste which we get it when my mom makes it. It is one of the traditional dishes of Bihar. And it goes with a combination. If you change the Combination, the traditional taste will never be the same.

When last time I visited my mom, I asked her the recipe, and this time made it with the same quantity of same ingredients. But, again the taste was not the same. So, I again gave her a call, and asked her bout it. And she replied, " Beta, it's my love which I pour in it, while making it, may be bcoz of which you are not getting the same taste." And then we started matching the ingredients. I missed one of the ingredient, but I liked what my mom said to me. It's her love that makes the dishes all the more tastier.

Now, I understood why my little one always tell me when I makes her favourite dishes, " Mamma, you are the best."

Here, is the recipe for " Mutter ka Jhor" for you guys to try.

Ingredients-

  1. Peas - 1 bowl + 1 handful
  2. Garlic - 2-3 cloves (chopped)
  3. Onion - 1/2 small (chopped)
  4. Tomato - 1 small (diced)
  5. Cumin Seeds- 1tsp
  6. Tez Patta - 3-4 leaves
  7. Green Chilli - 4 sliced
  8. Coriander Powder- 1/2 tsp
  9. Salt to taste
  10. Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
  11. Aamchur Powder - 1/2 tsp

Directions -

  • Fry the peas in a pan.
  • Remove it from the pan and let it cool down for 15 minutes.

  • Add it in the mixer jar and make a paste of it and keep it aside.
  • In the same pan, add 1tsp of oil and add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
  • Now, Add tez patta and green chilli and fry for 30 seconds. Then, add chopped Garlic, Onion and tomatoes and fry them for a while. Till the tomato pieces get mixed up with onions.

  • Add rest peas, and fry for 5 minutes, on medium flame.
  • Add the peas paste in it, with double amount of water.
  • Add all the spices, and let it get cooked, covered for another 10 minutes on medium flame.
  • Garnish it with chopped Cilantro.
  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers