Black Forest Tomato Bundt Cake #BundtBakers

It feels good to know, your friends are waiting for your posts. They keep on checking, and one fine day they will ask you, what happened why you are not posting these days... I was looking for your recent work...

Well, well.. Here, I am.. Posting again with my Bundt Bakers group...  This Bundt, was created for necessity, but now became my favorite... Couple of things to note is... One you can never taste the tomato in the cake, because of overpowering taste of Cocoa. And 2nd, kid will never get to know, that their are something healthy hidden inside...



It becomes a everyday struggle, when kids start picking veggies from their food. Mine hates tomatoes... If it is blended well in the curry, then that's fine.. otherwise she will pick those mini pieces from her food... I still don't understand, how she is able to see those mini pieces.. As a mom, we all try to give our kids enough nutrition.. sometimes, it works out, and sometimes we need to work harder, to give those little munchkins extra nutrition from their daily meals.

#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.

BundtBakers


We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. Our this month's host is Anrdea from Adventures in All Things Food. Thankyou Andrea, for hosting this wonderful theme.

Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page. foodlustpeoplelove

This recipe, is very simple and easy to make... Today, I was awake 15 minutes earlier from my schedule time, and I thought of making this cake. You can see in my pictures, how I have actually dumped all the ingredients together.. It actually took me only 5-7 minutes, to put the batter together. By that time, I got ready to leave for work. My cake was ready... Perfect evening snack with Tea..




So, here is the recipe for you to try-

Ingredients you will need-

  1. All Purpose flour- 1 3/4 cup
  2. Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
  3. Baking Powder - 1 tsp
  4. Salt- 1 pinch
  5. Cooking oil - 3/4 cup
  6. Milk - 1/4 cup
  7. Eggs- 2
  8. Cocoa Powder - 3 tbsp
  9. Tomato Puree - 1 can or Puree of 2 big fresh tomatoes

Directions to follow-
  • Preheat your oven at 375 degrees.
  • At the same time add everything in a bowl, except eggs and tomato puree.
  • Beat egg in a separate container.
  • Add eggs to the mixture.

  • And, in the end, add tomato puree. Mix and your batter is ready.
  • Pour in the Bundt Pan, and let it bake for 30-40 minutes, till the toothpick comes out clean.
  • Let it cool down, and enjoy.


Comments

Yum, I love the sprinkle of almonds that will be on the bottom of the cake. I have made a tomato soup cake before and nobody was the wiser.
Rebekah said…
Fantastic sneaky recipe! It's amazing what you can incorporate into baked goods.
Ansh said…
I like tomatoes in chocolate cake. Makes the crumb so tender. Lovely cake.
Colleen said…
What a great way to sneak those veggies in!
Unknown said…
I had a tomato cake recently, and it was great. I bet this chocolate version is even that much better.

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers