Ginger is a herb, which has lots of qualities.... In my household, intake of ginger increases in winter... One of the main reason behind it is, when taken hot it reduces the inflammation inside the chest.... and hence helps the thick mucus on chest to thin-out... I personally, prefer to take ginger in my morning tea, every single day in winter, and it helps me maintain my distance from cough and cold....
My only problem, how to fit ginger in my little one's diet... Well, using ginger in stew, has worked out so far... But, then I was looking for some other ways as well... So, then I came across this brilliant idea of making Ginger Cookies.... Now, I wanted to make it much more healthier...
Orange, is one of the fruit, which contains lots of Vitamin- A and C... I just love the citrus taste of Orange in Orange Cake... So, here comes my version of Orange Ginger Cookies.... Idea of Orange Ginger Cookies, is a collective idea from a Your Home Based Mom- Ginger Cookies and my version of Orange Cake....
The theme this month is Ginger! Dried and ground, candied, fresh--if you like ginger in your cookies you have come to the right place! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes--be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Ginger Curry Sugar Cookies from The Spiced Life
- Favourite Gingerbread Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Vegan Ginger Cookies with Cardamom from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Ginger Chocolate Ninja Cookies from NinjaBaking
- Ginger Lemon Sandwich Cookies from Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Buttery Ginger Shortbread Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pepparkakor-- Swedish Ginger Cookies from A Baker’s House
- Oat, Orange and Ginger Crisps from Made with Love
- Séches aux Gingembre from Food Lust People Love
- Ginger Sour Cream Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Ginger Molasses Cutout Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Chewy Ginger Cookies from Spiceroots
- Chocolate - Ginger Chewies from Baking in Pyjamas
- Orange Ginger Cookies from Indian Curries/stew
- Refrigerator Ginger Cookies from DessertStalking Blog
- All Purpose flour (Maida)- 2 cups
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Unsalted butter - 1 1/2 sticks (softened)
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Ginger - 1/2 cup ( Grated)
- Egg - 1
- Orange zest - 2 tbsp
- Orange Juice - 1/2 orange (freshly sqeezed)
- Mix Flour with baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix butter and sugar together, until light and fluffy.
- Add grated ginger, and mix well.
- Break egg in another container, beat until fluffy, mix in with the liquid mixture...
- Add orange zest and Orange Juice, mix.
- Wrap the dough, in parchment paper, and store in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Heat the oven at 375 degrees.
- Divide the dough in equal 4 parts.
- Roll 1 part, in 1/4 inch thick..
- With the cookie cutter, cut the shape you desire..
- Grab the scrap, and again roll the dough, and repeat the process.
- Now, line the cookies in a baking tray at 1 inch apart...
- Place the tray in oven for 12 minutes...
- After removing from oven, let it cool for 2-3 minutes, before transferring it to the wire rack..
- Can be enjoyed like this, or can be glazed by white sugar, or can be drizzles by chocolate...
Few of the things, I would like to recommend for this whole baking process are -