Going on Vacations, on a road trip, or just in a mood to cook. These Kachori is perfect for every outing, snacks at home. Goes perfectly with Tea or Coffee. Guests are coming, a perfect snack. Can be made in advance, and can be kept in air tight container for 10 days. Tastes delicious.
Lots of times, Whenever, I go on a trip, I make these 2 days in advance. Since, it's so soft and breaks easily, it is loved by little one. And 1 Kachori is big enough to fill the little tummy. Few days back, we went to a zoo, it was a sudden program and didn't get time to cook. Had few snacks of store, but most of them was half empty. So, it didn't made sense of taking them along with us.
Then, I saw the box of these Kachoris lying on the Kitchen shelf. I took them, and other than these I took just couple of packets of crackers. The Kachoris were so tasty, nobody bothered to ask about crackers.
Here, is a simple recipe to make this Khasta Kachoris-
- Maida/ All Purpose flour - 2 cups
- Suzi/ Semolina - 1 cup
- Atta/ Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Oil - 1/2 cup + 1 cup (for frying)
- Salt to taste
- Hing- 1 pinch
- Mangrela/ Ajwain - 1 tbsp
- Warm Water as required
- Heat 1/2cup of oil in a frying pan for 5-7 minutes and let it cool down completely.
- Mix Maida, suzi, atta and Oil together, by a wooden spatula.
- Add salt, hing and Mangrela/ Ajwain and mix again.
- Now, slowly add warm water as required, to bind the mixture together.
- It should be very tight dough.
|Dough should be like this|
- Cover it with a wet towel for 15 minutes.
- Again knead the dough for couple of minutes.
- Cover it again for 10 minutes.
- Now, divide the dough in equal parts. Each portion of dough should be equal to the size of Walnut.
- Roll the balls, and press them between your palms to flatten them.
|Flattened dough balls|
- Do it for all the balls, cover them with a wet towel and keep it aside.
- Now, in the same frying pan heat the oil for frying.
- When heated, reduce the temperature between low to medium, and wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your flatten balls in oil, fry them while turning them couple of times till they are nice brown in color either sides.
|Added them in Oil|
|After 5 minutes|
|Turn Over after 10 minutes, 1 side is done|
- Let these Kachoris to cool down for about half an hour.
- And then enjoy it whatever way you want. Goes perfectly with Tea/ Coffee.
Note - Stays fresh in a airtight container for 15-20 days.