It's being too hot outside. These are the days of cold fruit smoothies. When we talk about fruit, not every fruit is kids favorite except one and that is banana. This fruit seems to be favorite fruit for most of the family members. Lots of people think banana can only provide us fat. Well, I will say there are more other benefits of banana which should be considered first. Some of them are listed below-
- Reduces depression.
- Regulate the Bowel system.
- Reduce blood pressure and heart of disease.
- Help our bones grow stronger.
- Help individuals to quit smoking.
- Help prevent anemia.
- Provide us with energy.
- Reduce menstrual pain.
- Power our brain.
- Help prevent ulcers.
There are many varieties of ways in which we can include banana to our diet everyday. Fruit Custard, Banana Smoothie, Malpua, Banana Bread, etc. Banana bread tempt me most, and I love it most. Last time I made it, it didn't came out well. It tasted too good, but it was very dense. I have a problem, if food doesn't look good, I cannot eat it. So, it was very difficult for me to consume it. So, this time I was much careful while making this bread. And I am real happy, when it came out so good. And believe me, it tastes as wonderful as it looks.
Here, I want to give my special thanks to a friend, Anshie Dhar, who also runs a blog Spiceroots, and a brilliant cook. Thanks Anshie, for your Support.
- Banana - 2 Ripe Bananas
- All Purpose flour - 2 1/4 cups
- Milk powder - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1tsp
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Cooking Oil/ melted unsalted butter- 1cup
- Pinch of salt
- Honey - 1tbsp
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Whipped Cream- 3-4 tbsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Almonds - 1/2 cup (broken)
- In a bowl, mix all purpose flour with baking powder, baking soda, milk powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix oil with sugar, stir and dissolve all crystals of sugar.
- Add mashed banana in the sugar mixture with cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder, mix and make banana completely dissolved.
- Add flour mixture to oil mixture slowly and keep on stirring to mix flour.
- Add milk and mix so that no flour lumps in the batter.
- Add almonds and stir.
- Transfer the batter in a loaf pan.
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes at 350 degree F.
- Check after 30 minutes.
- Insert toothpick in the center on cake to see whether it's done or not.
- Cook it for another 5 minutes. Repeat the process of toothpick.